What is naturopathic medicine?
Naturopathy is a form of medicine that utilizes time-tested and evidence-based natural remedies as well as conventional medical therapies. Naturopathic doctors work to find the underlying cause of illness and stimulate the body’s inherent healing mechanisms.
Naturopathic philosophy is based on the following tenets:
- Do no harm. Use the gentlest, most effective treatments available.
- The healing power of nature. Trust in and support the body’s natural healing abilities.
- Identify and treat the cause. Address the underlying condition.
- Physician as teacher. Educate the patient in how to achieve and maintain health.
- Treat the whole person. Support the mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and environmental aspects of the patient.
- Prevention. Address lifestyle and risk factors to prevent disease.
For more information, please refer to the following links:
Do you offer in-person or telemedicine visits?
Sheltering Oak Clinic is currently offering telemedicine visits only so you can receive medical care from the comfort of your home. We are not seeing patients in-person at this time.
Do you accept insurance?
Dr. Derickson accepts OHP CareOregon and Health Share. For all other insurance plans, she is an out of network provider. If you have insurance and have out of network benefits, we can provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement. We also accept HSA and FSA cards.
Where can I view a copy of your HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices?
You can download a copy here: